Beginner Triathlete Program
March - June, or July - August
If you're looking to complete your first triathlon, or even if you're already experienced but want some refreshers, then this program has what you need.
Our Beginner Triathlete Program is mostly on Saturdays at 9:00 am, with the exception of Sunday swims and one Sunday bike where we ride the My First Tri course. All sessions will meet at the training center unless otherwise noted. This is open to adults and kids.
Schedule is subject to change, but we will let you know in advance.
SCHEDULE - MARCH THROUGH JUNE PROGRAM ($150)
- March 15 - Cardio program, run drills and Q&A forum
- March 22 - Run session
- March 29 - Swim (Xperience Fitness in Vadnais Heights at 11:00 am) *Not eligible for drop in program
- April 5 - How To Fix A Flat seminar (1:00pm)- bring your front tire- you will be changing your flat
- April 12 - Bike basics- bring your bike and helmet
- April 19 - All about transitions (bring bike and running gear)
- April 26 - Swim (Xperience Fitness in Vadnais Heights at 11:00 am) *Not eligible for drop in program
- May 3 - Tri For Dummies seminar (1:00pm)
- May 10 - Brick workout (bike and run, including how to run hills)
- May 17 - Swim (Xperience Fitness in Vadnais Heights at 11:00 am)
- May 31 - Open water swim (location TBD)
- June 7 - Dennis and Jeremy will be leading a "mini tri" at Rice Creek Regional Park at 8:30am. Click here for directions. If you are not a member of the Beginner Triathlete Program, please bring a check payable to Tri Fitness Training Center for $15.
- June 14 - Final training session before the race. Athlete's choice and Q&A.
- June 21 - My First Tri Race Day!
SCHEDULE - JULY THROUGH AUGUST PROGRAM ($75)
- July 12 - Bike Basics (7:30am)
- July 19 - Swim (Xperience Fitness in Vadnais Heights at 8:00am)
- July 26 - Practicing transitions (7:30am)
- August 2 - Open water swim (Centerville Lake at 8:00am)
- August 9 - Brick session on the My First Tri course (12:00pm)
- August 16 - Mini Tri (Centerville Lake at 8:00am)
- August 23 - My First Tri Race Day!
For all of these sessions and coaching, your cost is about the same as one typical personal training session. If you can't start right away, then we will prorate the program based on your start date. If you see only a few sessions that you're interested in, then you can attend single sessons for $15/session.
Click here to download the registration form, and either mail it to the address on the form, or bring it with you to your first session.
If you're interested or have questions, please contact Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-426-3619.